Saturday, May 8, 2010

Weekend and comfort food for the stressed soul!

What a long week! Just a few days until I have my bachelor evaluation, but I am feeling confident and ready now.  I am almost done with my installation, I am just lacking a few adjustments but now I feel like I can take the rest of the weekend off.
Yesterday was the worst day.  Just when I thought I had everything like I wanted, it rained on my parade and I was confused about my decisions regarding my piece all over again, so I came home (following my teacher's recommendation) and watched all the crappy shows I could find on T.V to take my mind off my project and cooked dinner as well (somehow I find cooking therapeutic, it's my zen!).  We had s"Chicken Spring Rolls with mango chutney and chilly sauce".
 First, I made a mix of chicken, carrots, leaks and a magic 
seasoning they sell at the Thai shop.

Then rice paper wrappers
Not the healthiest meal, but, it doesn't happen every day.

(sorry for not being more specific with the recipe, but I just 
mixed and matched and followed the instructions on the 
wrappers bag.)

Then there's today!  It was a perfect day.  Starting with a very nice weekend breakfast with scrambled eggs and bagles.  Then a sunny bike ride to school.  Once there, I finally figured out what is it I wanted with my installation (I gotta thank my teacher for his advice) so, decided I could actually enjoy the rest of the weekend!  Then I had my first beer under the sun in a terrace in Bergen.  Following that, another fantastic bike ride home, then a nice walk with Rafa and to top it all:  Home made hamburgers grilled in the balcony! (Like I said, not the healthiest food wise, but definitely comforting and also active!).


Tomorrow: Tennis match with friends followed by balcony grilling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment