Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fake Tandoori Chicken

Tandoori powder is a mix of lots of spices (cumin, coriander, chilli pepper, ginger, garlic, smoked paprika and garam masala).  You can probably buy most of the ingredients in a exotic shop or even at your local supermarket, but I found an already made mix at Eksotisk Torg (Christies gt. 13) in Bergen and it is actually pretty good.
I say is fake because originally, the recipe should be cooked in a tandoor, which is a type of clay oven, or on a grill as second best.  Today I decided to make it in the regular oven since it's raining cats and dogs and we don't own a tandoor.

Anyways, I tried to do it as fat free as possible, so I mixed 3 spoons of tandoori mix with 2dl of natural yogurt and marinated 2 chicken breasts with it for around 3 hours in the refrigerator, after that, I baked it in the oven on 200ºC for around 25 minutes.
I made a greek salad (cucumber, tomato, red onion, olives and feta, a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and a pinch of oregano as my dad does) and some bulgur to eat beside it.
Delicious and healthy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment