Monday, July 26, 2010

Red beet soup.

My stepmother gave me this recipe a while ago.  I never wrote it down, so I am pretty sure that it has changed a bit from the original because "I play it by ear", so, I will try to be as specific as possible.
This is a great soup for anytime of the year.


 Ingredients (feeds 6)

4 red beets
4 garlic cloves
2 oranges
half a cup of orange juice
half a cup of cream
1 lt of chicken stock
30 g of butter
salt
pepper
Extra virgin olive oil

 Preheat oven in 180ºC.  The beets will be baked in aluminum foil for around 90 minutes.  Each beet should have some orange peel, garlic, a dash of olive oil, salt and pepper.  Once they are baked, peel the red beets and put them in the processor together with the garlic and a cup of chicken stock. Now, move the mix into a large pot, add the rest of the chicken stock and the rest of the ingredients, cook in low temperature for half a hour so the tastes sink in.  Serve!  The color is amazing, and the taste... well... just taste it and see for yourself.




1 comment:

  1. Que rico se ve esta receta. Lo voy a tener que probar!

    ReplyDelete