Monday, March 29, 2010

New Section: Wine

I am absolutely no expert in the area.  I just love wine.  I love everything about it.  I can't decide if I like red wine or white wine better.  Sparkling over non sparkling.  Rose.  I just love it all, and the idea of it all.  So, I have decided to add a small section dedicated to wines Jonas and I try out so he will be part of this blog from now on (silently and giving his opinion from the couch as he wishes).  Then thing is, we try new wine all the time, but forget about it quickly.  We do have a little book where we try to write about the wines we like, but it never happens, so, I guess this is a way for us to have a special archive of what we try out, and hopefully we'll learn something in the process.  I invite you all to suggest, comment and taste so you can also be part of this idea.

Today's choice:  Marqués de Riscal, Rueda 2008


This is a Verdejo grape variety.  Very fresh and pleasant.  Very nice on the nose (look at me trying to use the right terminology, this is funny), it has a citrus aroma with some hints of honey.  We defined it as a very good "balcony wine" (although is snowing outside, again!).  We could find (after reading about it) some hints of green apples, citrus fruits and herbal notes.  It has a bitterness at the end, but it is a nice bitterness.  Friendly to the student budget. 

 If you read my earlier post about the Mac N' Cheese, this was the food of choice to accompany the bottle.  Oh well, please don't judge.  It tasted good, and it did comfort me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment